Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

AF85TDG
gripper
#1 Posted : 2/14/2012 1:45:30 AM

Groups: Member
Anyone tried or seen the new AF85TDG. I just saw it in a violin finish on the Ibanez website. WOW!
fingerboard blues
#2 Posted : 2/15/2012 12:51:55 AM

Groups: Member
Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Unless you see one at a mom and pop shop, you are not going to see one. GC will only order it for you. They will not ever have it on the floor. When looking up a guitar on the GC website look at the inventory number just above the top left corner of the image of the item you are looking at. If you see an H ( most all artcore guitars) that means it is special order only. GC does this to superior guitars so their bullies (Gibson, Fender) can keep them stocked with inferior guitars. Alot of Schecter, Yamaha, G&L, BC Rich, Ibanez and certainly others have this same fate.

Sadly, GC and all of its subsidary retailers will report back to Hosh USA that they (H inventory guitars) are just not good sellers. Hosh will look at its mom and pop shop orders and see little movement, so they come to the consensus that the artcore, or even rg guitar just is not going to be a good seller and cancel it!

The mom and pops would probably order a few if they knew GC and company was not waiting in the wings to under sell them. I cannot blame a mom and pop shop for not carrying GC guitar lines because they would only end up being stuck with inventory that everyone flocks to GC to order cheaper after trying it out at a M&P shop. Seen it alot. I have had to order most of my guitars from a M&P shop, because the M&P shop told me they cannot risk being undersold by GC. SO.. I would rather order from them than GC.

Gibson and fender have to protect their crap, and they have strong armed a willing GC to do just that!Cool