Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ibanez Preamp/tuner not working
cmeyer3
#1 Posted : 2/16/2012 10:46:00 PM

Groups: Member
I just bought the Ibanez AEB5E Acoustic-Electric Bass that comes with the AEQ202T tuner. I understand that in order to use the built-in tuner, you must plug the bass into an amp. I did, but the tuner would not work. Neither would the preamp. I tried swapping out the battery in the bass, but that didn't fix anything. I also tried plugging a different bass into the same amp, using the same cable, and it worked fine. So it's not the battery, it's not the amp and it's not the cable. None of the LEDs on the tuner will even light up, which leads me to suspect that it's not getting any power to it. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Anyone else having similar problems, or figured out a fix?
avianoguitarist
#2 Posted : 2/17/2012 2:56:38 AM
avianoguitarist

Man
Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 86 post(s)
cmeyer3;492124 wrote:
I just bought the Ibanez AEB5E Acoustic-Electric Bass that comes with the AEQ202T tuner. I understand that in order to use the built-in tuner, you must plug the bass into an amp. I did, but the tuner would not work. Neither would the preamp. I tried swapping out the battery in the bass, but that didn't fix anything. I also tried plugging a different bass into the same amp, using the same cable, and it worked fine. So it's not the battery, it's not the amp and it's not the cable. None of the LEDs on the tuner will even light up, which leads me to suspect that it's not getting any power to it. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Anyone else having similar problems, or figured out a fix?

Someone else had this same issue a few months ago. You might want to do a search for that thread to see if it was solved.
Just another Ibanez freak!
cmeyer3
#3 Posted : 2/17/2012 7:49:00 AM

Yeah I looked around in the forum and kept finding other people who had similar issues, but unfortunately, no solutions... It's honestly pretty damn frustrating. I got it through Guitar Center and I'm waiting to see if their tech support has anything enlightening to say. I'd contact Ibanez, but from what I can see, their tech/customer support is virtually non-existent.

Honestly, based on other posts that I've read here in the forum, I'm wondering if there's like a recurring defect with preamp/tuners in acoustic-electric basses and guitars.
Tom@Ibanez
#4 Posted : 2/17/2012 2:51:54 PM
Tom@Ibanez

Medals: Medal of Awesomeness: Awarded to the most righteous dude on the planet.

Groups: Administration
Man
Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 40 post(s)
cmeyer3;492143 wrote:
I'd contact Ibanez, but from what I can see, their tech/customer support is virtually non-existent

Doh

cmeyer3;492143 wrote:
Honestly, based on other posts that I've read here in the forum, I'm wondering if there's like a recurring defect with preamp/tuners in acoustic-electric basses and guitars.

Hit or miss issue? Somewhat, but I wouldn't call it a recurring defect. Unfortunately, a majority of people only sign up for this forum for troubleshooting, so when people do a search on their issue, they always land here and take things that way.

We can defintely get you helped out.

Give us a call at 800-669-4226 and we can try to find you an authorized service cetner to get this fixed at, set you up for direct service, or send the replacement parts if you're comfortable doing it yourself.

The only thing we'd need on our end is a copy of the purchase receipt. You can go thru all of that with the rep who answers the phone.

Sorry for the issues! Hope to hear from you!
avianoguitarist
#5 Posted : 2/17/2012 6:33:06 PM
avianoguitarist

Man
Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 86 post(s)
See? Customer service is in full swing over here! When you join the Ibanez forum, you get replies right away--and helpful ones.
Just another Ibanez freak!