Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Please ID this Artcore
daan
#1 Posted : 5/25/2012 3:17:42 AM

Groups: Member
I owned this bass for a very short time. I love semi-hollow bassed and saved and saved to get this one. The usual thing happened, needed $ and sold it (of course at a loss) Now that I can afford it, I want to replace it, but I don't actually know the model number to look for one like it. I bought it in the early 2000's, new from a Guitar Center (in Minnesota) I had to order a case for it from Musician's Friend because the store told me "We don't have cases for these. I don't know where you'd get one, it's so new..." Anyway I really liked it, it was the nicest bass I had owned up to then (and now, for that matter) Anyway I've been cruising auction sites for one like it, but it's hard to search because I can't remember the actual model name. Well, it's AS-something, right...

This is the only picture of it I have, too.

Thanks guys.
Tracy Dae
#2 Posted : 5/25/2012 6:35:01 AM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 105 post(s)
ASB140. The pic below is a link.

The mind is like a parachute...
...It only works when its open.
saddleboogie
#3 Posted : 10/7/2012 4:18:48 PM

Hi, newbie here. I just bought one, seems to be a 2001. Girl bought it, played it once and put it away. Dad sold it to me last week with the case (Says "Ibanez" on it so GC was bullin'. Still has original round wounds; plays and sounds real well. So far, just playing with CD's seems to like to be played with thumb anchored on the neck heel; I use the side of my fingers, around the 1st and 2nd knuckle to pull the strings; gives a real nice tone - kind of harsh over the pickup though (which makes a perfect anchor). Tone control does not seem to do much. Playing thru an amp in a band situation may change things; I use a Carvin 2X15 250 watt or Fender TV 12 on jobs and Behringer 30w for practgice. The set up seems o.k. but I'll need to get some hints over on the bass section for set up. I'm pretty much a Fender (4 basses) guy and they are easy to set up (and often!!); now I have this, 2 Danos and an Epiphone T-Bird wh1ch I love but kind of awkward to play in a band situation. I see these on the bay and some Craigslist ads -- the newer one has a single cutaway.