Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
AR325 Artist???
Doxa
#87 Posted : 7/4/2013 4:00:46 PM
Doxa

Groups: Member
Man
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Doxa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Speyfly Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations on scoring a new Artist, I really what to add the AR420 to my collection but just haven't found the right one yet. It will happen...

Once again, congrats!

Thanks Happy I´ll be back with a short review of the AR420 !I

hope it goes well with my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp ! The Ibanez PM120 sounds amazing on this amp Drool

Wall Just recieved a message from the dealer in Germany, where they promised me the AR42O within a weeks time Pray

Now the time of delivery is sometime in october MAYBE BooHoo They tell me that it`s only beeing build by order Eh
No mentioning of that on their website, where it says short time delivery ????

I`m a bit disappointed Silence I was really looking forward to getting this guitar NOW !

Hmm I`ll have to make do with the AR2622 for now, which I`m trying out this saturday !

A.G

Ibanez AR200BK (1980)

Ibanez AR720FM (2014)

Washburn J-6 (1991)

Taylor ce310

Speyfly
#88 Posted : 7/4/2013 11:10:20 PM
Speyfly

Congratulations on scoring a new Artist, I really what to add the AR420 to my collection but just haven't found the right one yet. It will happen...

Once again, congrats!

hope it goes well with my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp ! The Ibanez PM120 sounds amazing on this amp Drool

Wall Just recieved a message from the dealer in Germany, where they promised me the AR42O within a weeks time Pray

Now the time of delivery is sometime in october MAYBE BooHoo They tell me that it`s only beeing build by order Eh

I`m a bit disappointed Silence I was really looking forward to getting this guitar NOW !

Hmm I`ll have to make do with the AR2622 for now, which I`m trying out this saturday !

Sorry to hear that your AR420 will be delayed but it will be worth the wait I'm sure. In the mean time the 2622 should keep you occupied until then if you decide to bring the 2622 home (GRIN).

Would really like to see pictures.

Cheers...
shadowzombie
#91 Posted : 7/5/2013 3:50:30 AM
shadowzombie

Man
Bottom line is the AR420 in blue burst is the best looking AR I ever saw...

This new AR has just made it to the top of my list of guitars I will get...
Practice makes perfect ONLY if you practice perfectly...

Ibanez & Washburn guitars are the best...
Doxa
#90 Posted : 7/5/2013 7:37:43 AM
Doxa

Man

Once again, congrats!

Sorry to hear that your AR420 will be delayed but it will be worth the wait I'm sure. In the mean time the 2622 should keep you occupied until then if you decide to bring the 2622 home (GRIN).

Cheers...

Good news Dance I cancelled my ordrer for the AR420 in Germany, as I found out that a dealer in Denmark already have ONLY ONE AR420 VLS in stock ordre ??? I`ll get an update on time of delivery monday, fingers crossed
A.G

Ibanez AR200BK (1980)

Ibanez AR720FM (2014)

Washburn J-6 (1991)

Taylor ce310

Doxa
#89 Posted : 7/6/2013 7:32:52 PM
Doxa

Man
[

[/quote]

Cheers...[/quote]

Hmm it just ain`t my week ! At first my soon to be ( I hope) AR420 got delayed and now the supossedly near mint condition AR2622 I should try out today turned out to be very very road worn :-( The pictures this guy had in the sales add( see pics below) ,was not of his guitar it seems Wall Buy the way the selling price for this very worn out guitar was 600$. A steep price for a guitar in that condition I would think ! What would be the going rate i U.S.A for a very road worn Artist guitar AR2622 or AR300 ??

Come monday, I hope to hear some positive news about, the time of delivery of the new AR420 Pray
Doxa attached the following image(s):
Doxa attached the following image(s): 2622 2.jpg
Doxa attached the following image(s): 2622 3.jpg
Doxa attached the following image(s): 2622 4.jpg
Doxa attached the following image(s): 2622 5.jpg
Doxa attached the following image(s): 2622.jpg
A.G

Ibanez AR200BK (1980)

Ibanez AR720FM (2014)

Washburn J-6 (1991)

Taylor ce310

Speyfly
#93 Posted : 7/8/2013 4:17:42 PM
Speyfly

quote;

"Hmm it just ain`t my week ! At first my soon to be ( I hope) AR420 got delayed and now the supossedly near mint condition AR2622 I should try out today turned out to be very very road worn :-( The picture this guy had in the sales add ,was not of his guitar it seems Wall Buy the way the selling price for this very worn out guitar was 600$. A steep price for a guitar in that condition I would think ! What would be the going rate i U.S.A for a very road worn Artist guitar AR2622 or AR300 ??

Come monday, I hope to hear some positive news about, the time of delivery of the new AR420 Pray "

I too would love to have a vintage Artist but as you've stated, all of the ones that I've seen for sale have been road very hard and not much left, then they want goofy money for them.

Hope you get good news today...
Doxa
#94 Posted : 7/8/2013 4:57:54 PM
Doxa

Man
quote;

"Hmm it just ain`t my week ! At first my soon to be ( I hope) AR420 got delayed and now the supossedly near mint condition AR2622 I should try out today turned out to be very very road worn :-( The picture this guy had in the sales add ,was not of his guitar it seems Wall Buy the way the selling price for this very worn out guitar was 600$. A steep price for a guitar in that condition I would think ! What would be the going rate i U.S.A for a very road worn Artist guitar AR2622 or AR300 ??

Come monday, I hope to hear some positive news about, the time of delivery of the new AR420 Pray "

I too would love to have a vintage Artist but as you've stated, all of the ones that I've seen for sale have been road very hard and not much left, then they want goofy money for them.

Hope you get good news today...

A week and a half at the most,maybe sooner they promised me ,at the Danish Music Store 4sound Cool

But I won´t get my hopes up too high this times ! Unfortunately they can`t deliver the Ibanez AR-C hardshell, but I`ve found a German shop, where it is on stock ! But I`ll wait untill I hold the AR420 in my hands, before ordrering the hardshell, it would be nice to have something to put in it Cool

It seems the used guitar marked in Denmark is swarming with used Ibanez guitars, this week there`s a very beautiful AM255 for sale ! I`ve seen some high resolution pictures of it and it looks very nice! But the price tag is almost 2.000 $ which is a bit steep ! I already have a brand new PM120, so I don`t need it, but it`s very tempting anyway Shifty
Doxa attached the following image(s): am 255.jpg
Doxa attached the following image(s): am 255 back.jpg
Doxa attached the following image(s): am 255 side.jpg
Doxa attached the following image(s): am 255 headstock.jpg
A.G

Ibanez AR200BK (1980)

Ibanez AR720FM (2014)

Washburn J-6 (1991)

Taylor ce310

Doxa
#95 Posted : 7/11/2013 10:24:30 PM
Doxa

Man
[quote=Doxa;506747][quote=Speyfly;506743]quote;

"Hmm it just ain`t my week ! At first my soon to be ( I hope) AR420 got delayed and now the supossedly near mint condition AR2622 I should try out today turned out to be very very road worn :-(

AR420 arrived today Clap

I`ve just come home from a pratice session, with the guys I´ve played with every thursday for nearly 30 years Eh

I normally use my Ibanez PM120 & Taylor ce310 at these session but today I only played my AR420 !

Very well build , nice set up, low string action, no buzzing of any kind ,love the neck and fretboard !

I only tried it out on my Roland Cube 60 amp which I only use for practice sessions and it sounded super nice !

Can`t wait to try it out ,on my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, that I use at gigs and at home !

My frist impression of this guitar , made in China, is very very positive much better than I expected !

Don`t hesitate Think hurry up and buy one, before the price goes up Shhh

Here`s some pics of my Ibanez guitars !
Doxa attached the following image(s): SDC11302.JPG
Doxa attached the following image(s): SDC11300 2.JPG
Doxa attached the following image(s): SDC11304.JPG
Doxa attached the following image(s): SDC11305.JPG
Doxa attached the following image(s): SDC11306.JPG
Doxa attached the following image(s): SDC11307.JPG
A.G

Ibanez AR200BK (1980)

Ibanez AR720FM (2014)

Washburn J-6 (1991)

Taylor ce310

1 user thanked Doxa for this useful post.
sprocketser on 12/7/2013(UTC)
IB1too
#45 Posted : 8/7/2013 3:05:43 AM
IB1too

Man
Quote:
Hey Bill, any final confirmation on the case model? I went to my local Guitar Center, which had a 325, and they did not have any cases that fit the AR well - all the generic ones have too much room, and the Gibson-style cases are too small.

I'm going to be using this one out, so I'd like more protection than a gig bag offers...thanks!

Carl, I know this post is over a year old but just to have it out there, the proper case is the AR-C. I did find a generic case/bag (more case than bag) that seems to fit my 320 just fine. A polishing cloth is doubled where the neck rest is to give the headstock just enough clearance to not be resting on it.

Just bought the 320 while on the search for a 325. Gotta say, I'm not looking anymore! I've played a 325 before, which is why I was trying to find one, was thoroughly impressed with the ease of play & quality of the instrument, not to mention the dark brown finish...but after playing the 320, the only difference I perceived, WAS the finish. It plays just as easy & the quality is just as superb. I have no regrets buying this guitar.
IB1too attached the following image(s):
IB1too attached the following image(s): IMAG0033-3.jpg
Happy playing,
Wayne

AR320
ART2EX1MSS
GRG120BDX
Cort Acoustic (kinda like the E1500 but not exactly)
IB1too
#26 Posted : 8/7/2013 3:32:29 AM
IB1too

Man
Originally Posted by: CantankerousCarl Go to Quoted Post
Sorry about inciting the GAS, I promise not to post a match <<BOOM>> but I wanted everyone to see just how much better this thing looks in person than those stock pictures on the interwebs. I was shocked at how gorgeous this thing was in person when I unboxed it.

I didn't snag a pic of the inlays, but they are really nice as well...this instrument, while not inexpensive, looks and feels a class or three higher than its price tag.

I can't figure out for the life of me why there is so little information online about these, nothing on the Ibanez web site, no reviews, press, nothing...it's a damn shame.

[quote]I read somewhere that there is a red version, would be interested in seeing that as well...

Here's one.
Happy playing,
Wayne

AR320
ART2EX1MSS
GRG120BDX
IB1too
#27 Posted : 8/7/2013 3:34:35 AM
IB1too

Man
Originally Posted by: CantankerousCarl Go to Quoted Post
Sorry about inciting the GAS, I promise not to post a match <<BOOM>> but I wanted everyone to see just how much better this thing looks in person than those stock pictures on the interwebs. I was shocked at how gorgeous this thing was in person when I unboxed it.

I didn't snag a pic of the inlays, but they are really nice as well...this instrument, while not inexpensive, looks and feels a class or three higher than its price tag.

I can't figure out for the life of me why there is so little information online about these, nothing on the Ibanez web site, no reviews, press, nothing...it's a damn shame.

[quote]I read somewhere that there is a red version, would be interested in seeing that as well...

Here's one.
http://www.proaudiostar..../i/b/ibn-ar325-trd_1.jpg
Happy playing,
Wayne

AR320
ART2EX1MSS
GRG120BDX
IB1too
#28 Posted : 8/7/2013 3:35:40 AM
IB1too

Man
Quote:
I read somewhere that there is a red version, would be interested in seeing that as well...

Here's one.
Happy playing,
Wayne

AR320
ART2EX1MSS
GRG120BDX
Dick Foster
#29 Posted : 8/7/2013 1:40:16 PM
Dick Foster

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Is this what you were trying to do?
Originally Posted by: IB1too Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
I read somewhere that there is a red version, would be interested in seeing that as well...

Here's one.

IB1too
#30 Posted : 8/7/2013 2:26:04 PM
IB1too

Man
Originally Posted by: Dick Foster Go to Quoted Post
Is this what you were trying to do?

Yeppie. I play the guitar...not the computer. Sorry about all the repeats. I honestly don't know how that happened.
Happy playing,
Wayne

AR320
ART2EX1MSS
GRG120BDX
roccster
#96 Posted : 12/6/2013 7:32:41 PM

Ok, old thread but I just found it :)

Yesterday I kinda stumbled on the new AR series while surfing on a local music stores website here in Gothenburg.

The guitar looked really nice. I tried to find some info about the guitars (initially searched for the AR420), but except a few videos on youtube and the info on Ibanez there wasn't that much info to get. Strangely there are no reviews about it. But the specs was exactly what I was looking for. A Les Paul sub, with slightly thinner neck. I have had my eyes on a Hamer Monaco (US) for a while, but it´s a bit to expensive. My favourite guitar is my Fender Strat (US) with a Humbucker. Thats a super sweet instrument. But it´s not a Les Paul, and even though the HSS on the strat is great and versitile it´s still not a Les Paul. Since I play mostly classic rock I really wanted that classic fat sound of a singing Les Paul humbucker. Lucky for me the music store had one ex. still in stock, the AR325. The maple top on AR420 is wonderful, but I am not a fan of the pearl inlays (on the body), so the AR325 was my first choice anyway. As many others have mentioned I to was extremly sceptical about the China production, and a guitar with a price tag of 6-700$ just cant be that good, or...

I sat and played the guitar for 20 minutes (unplugged). The first thing a noticed was how nice it was to play. The neck is slightly thicker then the strat, but not even close to a the fat 50´s LP style (a neck I really dont like at all). The set up was excellent, and no buzzing from the strings, even if the action is almost to low. I would compare the way it plays to a 1970 Les Paul DeLuxe. That guitar has kinda the same neck profile. The more I played the better it felt, and when I left the store I couldnt stop thinking about it. But I didnt want to buy it right away, I had to find some info about it first. Thats when I found this thread. And after reading all the great comments about the guitar I just knew this was what I was looking for.

So I called the store the next day (today) and the sales person recognized my voice and knew right away that I wanted the guitar. So at lunch I picked it up, and after that I just wanted to get home. I didnt have that much time to play it when I got home but I just had to listen to the pups. I now understand what all the fuzz is about. This is such a wonderful instrument and hooked up it just shines, sings and roars. My quest for that Les Paul sub. is over and im looking forward to bonding with this baby!!

Pics to come...

holmis63
#97 Posted : 12/7/2013 5:33:23 AM

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: roccster Go to Quoted Post
Ok, old thread but I just found it :)

Yesterday I kinda stumbled on the new AR series while surfing on a local music stores website here in Gothenburg.

The guitar looked really nice. I tried to find some info about the guitars (initially searched for the AR420), but except a few videos on youtube and the info on Ibanez there wasn't that much info to get. Strangely there are no reviews about it. But the specs was exactly what I was looking for. A Les Paul sub, with slightly thinner neck. I have had my eyes on a Hamer Monaco (US) for a while, but it´s a bit to expensive. My favourite guitar is my Fender Strat (US) with a Humbucker. Thats a super sweet instrument. But it´s not a Les Paul, and even though the HSS on the strat is great and versitile it´s still not a Les Paul. Since I play mostly classic rock I really wanted that classic fat sound of a singing Les Paul humbucker. Lucky for me the music store had one ex. still in stock, the AR325. The maple top on AR420 is wonderful, but I am not a fan of the pearl inlays (on the body), so the AR325 was my first choice anyway. As many others have mentioned I to was extremly sceptical about the China production, and a guitar with a price tag of 6-700$ just cant be that good, or...

I sat and played the guitar for 20 minutes (unplugged). The first thing a noticed was how nice it was to play. The neck is slightly thicker then the strat, but not even close to a the fat 50´s LP style (a neck I really dont like at all). The set up was excellent, and no buzzing from the strings, even if the action is almost to low. I would compare the way it plays to a 1970 Les Paul DeLuxe. That guitar has kinda the same neck profile. The more I played the better it felt, and when I left the store I couldnt stop thinking about it. But I didnt want to buy it right away, I had to find some info about it first. Thats when I found this thread. And after reading all the great comments about the guitar I just knew this was what I was looking for.

So I called the store the next day (today) and the sales person recognized my voice and knew right away that I wanted the guitar. So at lunch I picked it up, and after that I just wanted to get home. I didnt have that much time to play it when I got home but I just had to listen to the pups. I now understand what all the fuzz is about. This is such a wonderful instrument and hooked up it just shines, sings and roars. My quest for that Les Paul sub. is over and im looking forward to bonding with this baby!!

Pics to come...

Hi, and welcome, so, now we are 2 (at least) from Gothenburgh at this site, that´s great :-)
Congrats to a great guitar, you´r gonna be very satisfied with you´r artist and probably starting to look for another great Ibanez, that´s how it works!
sprocketser
#98 Posted : 12/7/2013 4:45:57 PM

That s a great looking guitar Cantan !
RG1570 MMR Prestige . TBI : SD Hot Rails , Cool Rails , PAT Distortion .
roccster
#99 Posted : 12/13/2013 11:41:00 AM

Ok so after almost a week of playing what can i say.

This instrument is just awsome. It took a little getting used to when it comes to the neck profile, compared to the strat. It´s not at all uncomfortable, just a bit thicker. The set up on this guitar was almost perfect. I just had to go thorugh a quick intination since I belive it was first set up with 9s (i play 10 on this).

There are no buzzing what so ever, and the string height is really low. The sustain is just amazing compared to the strat, and that was one of the things I was looking for in this guitar along with a solid mahogany body and the dual humbuckers.

If I had to pick something that Im not thrilled about it is the Art1 Bridge. The pieces that the strings are resting on are quite sharp, and when muting (and resting) with the palm it kinda cuts in to the hand, which is not that pleasant. You fix this by changing the way you rest/mute with your hand.

The pickups are just spot on, and the ability to split them is just great. Dont know if it is a common issue when running two humbuckers at the same time (middle position) but when doing this the volume pot is not that responsive as when running the pickups by them self. Its more like on or off then rolling back... Might be something to look in to.

Well here are my gals:

File Attachment(s):
gitarrer.jpg (323kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
roccster
#101 Posted : 1/28/2014 1:38:15 PM

Ok, time for another feedback on this guitar.

It´s been a while now since I got the guitar, an allthough I find it to be a really great instrument there are a couple of issues.

1. Tuning, this is one nasty little piece of gear to NOT stay in tune. And when tuning it is really important to bend and pull the strings since the nut is to tight. This have to be fixed. Compared to my Am. Strat this one is just terrible. The strat can come out of it´s case, not beeing played for several weeks and still be in tune. This one is not in tune when you pick it up a day after playing.
2. Intonation, super bad job from the factory and when trying to intonate the G-string there is not enough room, you have to flip the saddel part where the string rests.
3. One of the saddle part (B-string) has a tendency to become loose, making the intonation go off, and also a super enoying rattle.

When it is in tune, I love it :)

The store will have to fix it.
ibnzdad
#102 Posted : 1/28/2014 7:54:33 PM
ibnzdad

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: roccster Go to Quoted Post
Ok, time for another feedback on this guitar.

It´s been a while now since I got the guitar, an allthough I find it to be a really great instrument there are a couple of issues.

1. Tuning, this is one nasty little piece of gear to NOT stay in tune. And when tuning it is really important to bend and pull the strings since the nut is to tight. This have to be fixed. Compared to my Am. Strat this one is just terrible. The strat can come out of it´s case, not beeing played for several weeks and still be in tune. This one is not in tune when you pick it up a day after playing.
2. Intonation, super bad job from the factory and when trying to intonate the G-string there is not enough room, you have to flip the saddel part where the string rests.
3. One of the saddle part (B-string) has a tendency to become loose, making the intonation go off, and also a super enoying rattle.

When it is in tune, I love it :)

The store will have to fix it.

Sorry you're having problems but it can be taken care of.

1. In your previous post you said you switched the strings from 9s to 10s.
Sometimes the nut will accommodate the change sometimes it won't. If you
didn't have the problem with the 9s then the nut slots need dressing. AR325
is a $600 guitar, Amer. Strat is a $1000 guitar. You're going to get a little
better attention to detail on the higher priced guitar. Still, if it came with
and played fine with 9s then it was correct from the factory. Since it's a
change you made, don't be surprised if the store wants to charge a little for
the service. Might want to try a dab of nut lube also.

2. The G-string is notorious for intonation issues. Some brands are better than
others for consistency. I've put a new set of D'Addarios on and couldn't intonate
the G. Grabbed the G out of another set of D'Addarios and had no issues. Intead
of flipping that one saddle, just flip the whole bridge. I've done that also with
no ill affects on the intonation of the other strings. It may or may not work
for you too. In your prior post you said the original setup was almost perfect and
just had to go through a quick intonation. Again, this is probably due to changing
string gauge.

3. I saw that happen on a friend's BCRich Mockingbird and it was irritating. Didn't
see how it could move with the string pressure but it did. When setting it up I
made sure to manually push the saddle towards the neck because the string pressure
was greater from behind the bridge because of the break angle of the string. He
eventually put a new bridge on. I would think that would be a warranty issue. The
saddle adjusting screws should have keepers like a circlip on them so the screw
doesn't back out of the bridge. Compare the B saddle screw to the others and see if
the keeper is in place.

I bet once you get these details fixed you will feel like you did a little over a
month ago when you first got it.