Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Artcore AS7312 Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar - Video Demo
Mr. Abner
#21 Posted : 11/16/2013 8:48:07 PM

Groups: Member
Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chadfish Go to Quoted Post
... A guy who posted on my latest AS7312 video says this about cases:
"Ibanez says their AS 100C case will fit both six and 12 string models ....the headstock is longer but the actual fret board is shorter and if you look at both side by side the are the same length http://www.ibanez.co.jp/...?year=2013&cat_id=7 try the official ibanez case they offer got it from MF for under $ 90"

But if that's so, then why didn't Ibanez list the case as a possible case on their site? They only list the 20.00 gig bag. I asked the guy to try to report back if the case works.

Sorry don't mean to butt in, but that is just not true. Ibanez lists the body dimensions and scale lengths of both guitars on their website, and they are both the same. The AS-7312 is a little longer overall. That being said, it would appear the 12-string headstock is not all that much longer than the 6-string. I tried to scale the two pictures the same, but internet pics being what they are, the originals may not be from the exact same angle. But it's enough to see the difference. Depending on how much room there is in the case, it might fit.

And that also being said, I bet it will still fit in the bass (ASB-180) case.

Oh, and excellent videos, by the way. It does sound beautiful.

-Alex
Mr. Abner attached the following image(s):
Mr. Abner attached the following image(s): AS7312-AS73.jpg
Chadfish
#22 Posted : 11/16/2013 10:05:17 PM

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks for that info Alex!

I just with Ibanez would have come up with some better info on the AS7312 page for a hard case option.
chrisnickey64
#23 Posted : 11/23/2013 2:57:27 PM

the cases fit either 6 or 12 string ....i know this because i just bought one ......so everyone can calm down now and stop wondering what case they need....the official Ibanez issued cast works fine ..and is currently on sale at GC/MF for 15% off so it's aprox$82.50 free shipping ....how do you like them apples! Dance
Chadfish
#24 Posted : 11/23/2013 5:54:34 PM

So it's official. The Ibanez AS100C case fits the AS7312 guitar.

http://www.musiciansfrie...se-for-as-series-guitars
Dick Foster
#25 Posted : 11/23/2013 6:03:44 PM
Dick Foster

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 67 post(s)
You'd think someone at Ibanez whould have tired it and said something instead of offering only that gig bag for the guitar. DUH!! I don't think I'd ever what to put a guitar that I thought was worth owning in a gig bag. You may as well stuff it into an old sweat shirt or something.

So it's official. The Ibanez AS100C case fits the AS7312 guitar.

http://www.musiciansfrie...se-for-as-series-guitars

Chadfish
#26 Posted : 11/23/2013 6:30:54 PM

I know! It's like they don't really want to push the AS7312. I think with a couple small tweaks it could be decent right from the factory. I think they know it still needs work, but there just isn't a big market for electric 12 strings.
chrisnickey64
#27 Posted : 11/24/2013 6:32:12 AM

the 12 string fits in to the case snugly but not too snug IE: the Case fits Exactly to the edge of the headstock but it fits never the less.....photos i've seen of the Gatorcase show a little space between the headstock and the top of the case...it's a nice case too .....but for the money the official Ibanez HS case is a better deal IMHO ...now i need to get this thing over too my tech dude and set it up right ...good lord this thing is off......action is too high and of course the G and B strings need some serious intonation adjustment ...all par for the course . I don't plan on getting crazy like Chad did (however his mods sound spectacular!) no saddle replacement ...if 6 saddles are good enough for rickengackers and duesenbergs then it should be good for my humble Ibanez ....and i plan on keeping the nut stock too ....poss. have slots filed down a bit. it's a really well build guitar ...i could not find one blemish or imperfection on this thing! it feel like quality in your hands too ...weighty but not too much and the neck is perfect and nicely tapered ...i'm very happy with this and i know that after i get it set up how i like it it;s gonna be a keeper for life!
Chadfish
#28 Posted : 11/24/2013 6:46:00 PM

A big thing for me was that on the neck, outside of the e strings, there was just unused fretboard. My fingers were hitting 2 or 3 strings at a time on the lower frets, so the new nut with wider spacing of the string pairs relative to other string pairs, but with the 2 strings in a pair actually closer to each other fixed that right up. And it's better to grind down the bottom of the nut, rather than cut the slots deeper.
Dick Foster
#29 Posted : 11/24/2013 7:40:32 PM
Dick Foster

Trouble is the slots are often too tight anyway. At least they were on my guitar and I've heard others complain about it too. PING!

I think you did the better mods though. The right bridge for intonation and a nut that at least attempts to address the equal temperament problem to some extent. That and getting the spacing to suit you makes a lot of sense. When you get around to it swapping out those tuners and maybe fiddling with pickups would equate to a top end instrument that would probably be better than any Rickenbacker out there.

A big thing for me was that on the neck, outside of the e strings, there was just unused fretboard. My fingers were hitting 2 or 3 strings at a time on the lower frets, so the new nut with wider spacing of the string pairs relative to other string pairs, but with the 2 strings in a pair actually closer to each other fixed that right up. And it's better to grind down the bottom of the nut, rather than cut the slots deeper.

Chadfish
#30 Posted : 11/24/2013 8:43:26 PM

Yes I would like the smoother tuners so I don't have to use so much pressure to turn them. The Pickups are OK, though a little thin in the high end. That's a mod for another day. The material in the Earvana nut is more slippery than the plastic in the stock nut, so there is no more "ping" luckily.
Dick Foster
#31 Posted : 11/27/2013 4:55:15 PM
Dick Foster

Well your lutier who set it up for you made sure of that. Looks like a really sweet guitar, you have me drooling.

Yes I would like the smoother tuners so I don't have to use so much pressure to turn them. The Pickups are OK, though a little thin in the high end. That's a mod for another day. The material in the Earvana nut is more slippery than the plastic in the stock nut, so there is no more "ping" luckily.

V_amp
#32 Posted : 7/29/2015 10:31:43 PM

My first setup in Artcore AS7312.

In my opinion the worse thing in this guitar is the strings distances (E-E 35mm).
To solve this problem as first approximation I substituted the original nut and installed the
GraphTech Slotted BLACK TUSQ XL1-3/4" Acoustic Guitar 12-String Nut PT-1575-00. $8.95 in e-bay
You can do it by yourself with a little of patient. But I think a professional service will be better.

You need adjust the lenght of the nut and fix the the nut. After fit the nut, deep the slots.
For me, now the guitar is much more playable, in special at the beggining of the neck.
It's not the best setup, but as first approximation, it's not so expensive.

V_amp
V_amp attached the following image(s):
V_amp attached the following image(s): 29Jul_0003.jpg
V_amp attached the following image(s): 29Jul_0004.jpg
Chadfish
#33 Posted : 7/29/2015 11:24:45 PM

I too replaced the nut with an Earvana compensated nut. I also dod a few more upgrades shown in this video, and man does this guitar play great now!
AS7312 Mods Video
V_amp
#34 Posted : 7/30/2015 12:02:06 AM

Thanks Chadfish. I saw your vídeo, but I was looking a less expensive solution.
Could you say me what is the distance E-E of your guitar, after the Ervana?
Best wishes
Chadfish
#35 Posted : 7/30/2015 12:43:07 AM

I can't tel you the measurement, but I can say that the strings are properly spaced now. My buddy steve may mention it in the video. I think he cut the slots though.
Tracy Dae
#36 Posted : 7/30/2015 1:56:53 AM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 103 post(s)
I don't have an AS7312 but I do have an AR3212. I custom gauge the strings myself to soften the G string thing - and make the guitar a little easier to play so I can do longer sets with it. Some day I do want to put a 12-saddle bridge on it though.
The mind is like a parachute...
...It only works when its open.
V_amp
#37 Posted : 7/31/2015 10:31:00 AM

Hi,

I saw your video again. Perfect setup!
I think using Ervana nut the distance E-E is around 39mm.
In my case I was looking for a minimalist setup and the first step was replace the nut.
Replacing the original nut for GraphTech Slotted BLACK TUSQ XL1-3/4" Acoustic Guitar 12-String PT-1575-00, is around 37.5mm after the final setup.
Maybe PT-1500-00 : BLACK TUSQ XL SLOTTED 12 STRING 3/16" will be a good choice too.
So the intonation is not perfect yet (because the bridge). I chosed the Graphtech because they came with slots and it is easy to fit by myself.
In the future I will substitute the bridge for a 12-saddle bridge.
But, for now, it´s easer play acords on the first and second frets.
Others: Down the bridge high for a best action of the strings, and adjust the truss rod.

One Question: Ibanez AS7312 has the same neck size than AS73?
This week a saw a double bech Musicman guitar and the 12 string neck was longer and wider.

Do anyone know quantify the measures? Comparison with other guitars?

Best wishes
V_amp
Mr. Abner
#38 Posted : 8/1/2015 1:40:55 AM

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Originally Posted by: V_amp Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

One Question: Ibanez AS7312 has the same neck size than AS73?
This week a saw a double bech Musicman guitar and the 12 string neck was longer and wider.

Do anyone know quantify the measures? Comparison with other guitars?

Best wishes
V_amp

Check the pic I posted earlier in this thread (post #21: http://forum.ibanez.com/...eo-Demo.aspx#post509370).

They are, near as I can tell, identical guitars except for the headstock. (And no, it's not twice the length of the six-string, they cram the machine heads closer together on the twelve.)

Hope that helps.

-Alex
V_amp
#39 Posted : 8/2/2015 11:14:28 PM

So, a fast google research and I could conclude that major models of double neck have the same neck (except for the headstock).
http://www2.gibson.com/P...uble-Neck/Features.aspx

So be happy with AS7312 or choice another model that fits better on you!
My hint: substitute the nut, and you will have a very fun guitar for a low low cost!

V_amp
V_amp attached the following image(s):
V_amp attached the following image(s): double neck 2.jpg
V_amp attached the following image(s): jimi page fender.jpg
V_amp attached the following image(s): jimi page.jpg
V_amp attached the following image(s): gibson eds1275.jpg
Midniteagle
#40 Posted : 3/14/2016 7:31:59 PM

I would like to thank Chad before I really get too far into this, Thanks Chad, for bringing my attention to Ibanez for my search for a 12 string.
I own an AW 100CE cutaway that is about 19 years old now, I spent about 4 hours in GC the day I bought it, comparing every other comparably priced guitar. I found the Ibanez to have the very best tone, but the action was really high, so I bought it anyway, took it home, pulled the bone bridge saddle out, grabbed a piece of sandpaper, and went to town sanding it for about 20-25 seconds, popped that baby back in, and I was blown away, I guess the little Angel on my shoulder whispered "stop" just at the perfect time, because that guitar sounded like a million bucks !! The intonation was perfect, the overtones on each string just rang like a bell ! All my buddies that played it have called her "That Guitar" ever since, the best Acoustic/Electric I ever bought and damn close to the best I've ever played !!
On March 8th I ordered a Artcore AS7312TCR from Sweetwater, they do this great 55 point inspection before they ship the guitars out, I just got it delivered yesterday, and again, Ibanez is the Champ !!!
I haven't changed the strings on this girl yet, but I gotta say, Thank you Chad, and Thank you Sweetwater, this baby is perfect, the relief is about.003 at the 8th fret, the neck is straight as an arrow, the action is 3/16"-on the treble side at the 12th fret, and 4/16" on the bass side, the action at the nut is nice and low, with no intonation problems with an A or D or G or any chord in the first position, they all ring true, and the harmonics test out with a tuner at the 12th fret as well. !!! I got a really sweet 12 string guitar !!! I can't seem to put it down, Ibanez, you guys rock !!! But I should have known that.
I grew up in Ardmore PA, in the mid 60's, which had a small music store on the main drag, Lancaster Ave. it was called Medly Music, and they went on to become the Distributers for Ibanez in the good old USA. Anyway I love my new 12, she's great right out of the box, and I'm blown away by Ibanez once again !!!
Graham