Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
I am so guitarded! LOL
Tracy Dae
#1 Posted : 5/2/2015 12:03:32 AM
Tracy Dae

Groups: Member
Woman
Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Here is a shot of my main guitars that I gig with. The blue burst AR320 Artist has a Gotoh 510 locking bridge, Gotoh SG381 Magnum Lock machine heads (With those groovey "W" shaped tuner buttons). The 12-string AR3212 Artist is bone stock. The SAS36FM has Gotoh SG381 Magnum Lock machine heads, a Black TusQ XL nut, a minor modification to the SAT Pro bridge and a modification to the way the True-Duo Bucker is controlled.

My "Plain Janes". The AX320(-H) on the left was received with everything that was not glued down removed. I put it back together with premium parts including a Gotoh 510 locking bridge. The SA120 was received very distressed and I nursed it back to health. I've done the modification to the SAT Pro bridge but I have yet to put Gotoh Magnum Lock machine heads and a Black TusQ XL nut on it.

Of course every guitarist needs at least one guitar with a Bigsby on it. The red AM73T has modified ACH humbuckers in it (AlNiCo V magnets). The black AR200 has MIC Super 58's in it. Both guitars have the Gotoh/Wilkinson roller bridge installed and both guitars will eventually receive a TusQ XL nut and Gotoh Magnum Lock machine heads.

I can't leave my jazz box and my semi out. The AG100 on the left received a bone nut and Gotoh SG381 Magnum Lock machine heads. The AM93 on the right will receive a Gotoh 510 locking bridge and Gotoh SG381 Magnum Lock machine heads with black tuner buttons. I have the parts now. Just need a rainy day to install them.

Shouldn't leave my amps out of the picture but they are just so dang heavy. Especially that JC-120. So here is my main amp that I gig with now. A 90's Roland Blues Cube 60 1x12.

The knobbery. Two channels clean & dirty with global main volume, reverb, presence and loop with a wet/dry pot. The clean channel has three settings; clean/crunch/more crunch. Haha

The mind is like a parachute...
...It only works when its open.
BriGuy1968
#2 Posted : 5/2/2015 1:29:09 AM
BriGuy1968

Man
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Clap Nice family pics! Love the SAS36FM and the AM93!
1985 Westone Spectrum LX
2002 Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CS257
2004 Ibanez SR300DX
2005 Ibanez Artcore AS83
2010 Ibanez RG3EXF1
RIX
#3 Posted : 5/2/2015 7:49:50 PM
RIX

Man
Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Very nice collection Tracy, thanks for sharing.
RIX
Tracy Dae
#4 Posted : 5/3/2015 4:52:54 PM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Thanks! I bought them myself. LOL Happy

Today it's nice enough for me to practice outside. So I snapped a pic of my AR620 before I get started. This guitar also received the Gotoh 510 locking bridge and Magnum Lock machine heads. I transferred the gold "W" shaped tuner buttons from the OEM machine heads so I could retain as much of the vintage Ibanez vibe as I could. The little red amp is an older non-IOS version of the Roland Micro Cube.

BriGuy1968
#5 Posted : 5/3/2015 11:18:22 PM
BriGuy1968

Man
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tracy Dae Go to Quoted Post
Thanks! I bought them myself. LOL Happy

Today it's nice enough for me to practice outside. So I snapped a pic of my AR620 before I get started. This guitar also received the Gotoh 510 locking bridge and Magnum Lock machine heads. I transferred the gold "W" shaped tuner buttons from the OEM machine heads so I could retain as much of the vintage Ibanez vibe as I could. The little red amp is an older non-IOS version of the Roland Micro Cube.

Now THAT'S a sweet lookin' guitar! You seem to have several of the AR's. I've never tried one... is it like a solid-body version of an Artcore?
1985 Westone Spectrum LX
2002 Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CS257
2004 Ibanez SR300DX
2005 Ibanez Artcore AS83
2010 Ibanez RG3EXF1
Tracy Dae
#6 Posted : 5/4/2015 3:33:40 AM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Originally Posted by: BriGuy1968 Go to Quoted Post
You seem to have several of the AR's. I've never tried one... is it like a solid-body version of an Artcore?

Yes I have five more Artists that I have not taken sunlight pics of yet. I also have some more Artcore AM guitars, a couple more SA's as well as some other Ibanez models (an SZ320, an IC400 Iceman, a TC620 solid body Talman and a DN500 DarkStone). LOL

The AR guitars (Artists) started in the 70's, long before the Artcore line even existed. By the early to mid 80's they became well known as Les Paul killers. I was first turned on to the Artist around 1980 when I saw Pat Methany playing a 12-string Artist. Once I got my first Artist I was in love and continue to be to this day. I have owned several other guitars of this same configuration from other brands over the years, including Gib$on Les Pauls but I always find myself going back to the Ibanez Artist. Haha

1 user thanked Tracy Dae for this useful post.
BriGuy1968 on 5/5/2015(UTC)
Tracy Dae
#7 Posted : 5/7/2015 1:47:24 AM
Tracy Dae

Woman
I got to practice outside again today after my bike ride so I snapped a pic of my AM77. My sister calls this one my gay guitar - cause it's sparkly and fabulous. LOL

Tracy Dae
#8 Posted : 5/8/2015 7:13:55 PM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Snapped a shot of my red AR200 yesterday after my bike ride before I started my practice. This one received MIK Super 58's, Gotoh SG381 machine heads and a Gotoh 510FB fully locking bridge. I am going to replace the plastic nut with one of those new GraphTech "NuBone" nuts one of these rainy days.

I got my 40 hours for the week in early so I got to go home early today, though I need to stay near my PC till 5:00pm just in case anything critical comes in. Anyways, I am passing the time by practicing so I dusted off the Iceman. LOL... This one also received MIK Super 58's, Gotoh SG381 machine heads, a Gotoh 510FB bridge and push/pull pots on the tone controls to switch the pickups from series to parallel. Depending on how the NuBone nut works out on other guitars, I may replace the plastic nut on this one with a NuBone nut as well.

Dante
#9 Posted : 5/23/2015 3:20:45 AM
Dante

Man
Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I had an RG that I was trying so hard to bond with, but it just wasn't working. She was the bitchy mistress - I wanted to love her, but she was just too difficult. So, I posted an ad on Craigslist to get rid of her for good, realizing I was dumping another in a long line of 'Strat' guitars. I just couldn't find a Strat that played well for me. I think it may have been the bolt-on necks, I dunno.

I posted my ad and some guy emailed me asking if I'd like to trade for a SAS36FM. I didn't - not at all - I have too many guitars as it is, I can barely keep up with dusting them off and keeping the strings fresh. I ignored it for a week. Then, on a whim, I emailed him back. His response was quick and we traded the next day - straight across. I paid $150 for that RG, I just got lucky, so in essence, I paid $150 for my SAS36FM. This is by far one of my best bargains EVER.

Through some research, I found they were made at the same factory as my 2006 AR200 Goldtop, which I love. The neck heel is the same, it's smooth like a Schecter. The bodies are mahogany and the necks are the same too - so I was instantly smitten. Two weeks later, I'm still smitten, so I go buy a case at a local pawn shop. While the guy is in the back room, sizing my guitar with all the cases they have, I notice ANOTHER SAS36FM hanging on the wall! What are the odds?!? I can't see the price, but I see a 3 and a 4, and I assume it's $340.

The guy comes out with a nice soft cover/hardshell case from Road Runner that fits the guitar beautifully. I ask how much, he says $15, I say SOLD. Then, just out of curiosity, I ask about the other SAS36 on the wall, he says 'it just came in today' and pulls it down off the wall for me. It's disgustingly dirty, it stinks like grease, it's sticky to the touch...it's gross. I look at the price, it's $134. I bought it on the spot, took it home and cleaned it up. I had to adjust the trussrod and clean it 5 times. The bridge post on the high side turned in the hole when I tried to adjust the height, so I re-glued both of them with a bit of sawdust to make it grip. The nut was too low on the D string, so I filled the groove with some ATV and filed it down, just to check it out, I'll buy a new nut later. I also had a DiMarzio Evolution sitting around, so I wired that in and changed the 5-way switch and the push/pull pot to Switchcrafts. It sounds killer, his name is now KILLER.

I'm still smitten with both of them, I finally have a Strat I can love. The red one is named Ruby. The cat is Freddy.
Dante attached the following image(s):
Dante attached the following image(s): Freddy&theStrats.jpg
'82 PF-160 | '84 AM-50 | '86 AM-75 | '05 AR200 Goldtop | '06 AS83 | '11 RG4EXqm1
Guitars > TCE Nova System > Mesa Boogie DC-5
Tracy Dae
#10 Posted : 5/23/2015 5:59:04 PM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Originally Posted by: Dante Go to Quoted Post
I'm still smitten with both of them, I finally have a Strat I can love.

I hear you on that. My first SA was that SAS36FM in my first pic. I bought it when it was new and loved it from day one. Over time and giging with it I notice some things that bugged me a little. So I changed them. TusQ XL nut, Gotoh locking machine heads, a modification to the bridge to use a more solid bar and I replaced the push/pull control for the True Duo Bucker with a mini toggle. I found that while using the single coil mode during performing I would often bump the push/pull back into humbucker mode. I don't have that problem anymore.

Since the weather is getting warmer and we are starting to get some out door gigs on the schedule, I dusted off my 3x10 Blues Cube. This is basically just a 3x10 90 watt version of my 1x12 60 watt Blues Cube. The knobbery is exactly the same. I had to replace the grill cloth a few years ago and I didn't do a very good job. it was my first try. When this grill cloth gets torn up, I'll try to do better next time.

Just for good measure here are some shots of the changes I made to my SAS36FM.

Black TusQ XL self lubricating nut.

Gotoh SG381 Magnum Lock machine heads with pearloid buttons. This gal likes a little bling. LOL

An ON/ON DPDT mini toggle replaces the push/pull pot that controlled the True Due Bucker. I have made this same mod to my purple SA260 as well. I will eventually do it to my blue SA260M too. Haha

Unfortunately I would need to take the bridge off the guitar to show you the mod for the arm. It's a really simple mod though.
Tracy Dae
#11 Posted : 6/14/2015 12:14:29 AM
Tracy Dae

Woman
I used my DarkStone to practice today. This one is bone stock except for the tuner buttons... I like pearloid tuner buttons. Haha

I really like the bridge and tail piece Ibanez used on these. It would be great if Ibanez would use them on the AR Artist guitars, Icemans and Destryers. Heck I think it would be great if Ibanez used them on the AM guitars as well. LOL

The last time I got to practice outside was Tuesday. I used my red sunburst AM93 that day. This one is bone stock... For now... Haha

Ice_guitar
#12 Posted : 9/4/2015 11:39:54 PM

All so beautiful!!!
I have an RG and a GIO series.
itpac
#14 Posted : 11/26/2015 12:23:59 PM

i just wanted to give props for the thread title... hahaha
#15 Posted : 12/11/2015 7:37:03 PM
Groups:
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Message was deleted by a Moderator.
momotaro
#16 Posted : 1/4/2016 6:48:28 PM
momotaro

Man
Originally Posted by: Tracy Dae Go to Quoted Post
Here is a shot of my main guitars that I gig with. The blue burst AR320 Artist has a Gotoh 510 locking bridge, Gotoh SG381 Magnum Lock machine heads (With those groovey "W" shaped tuner buttons). The 12-string AR3212 Artist is bone stock. The SAS36FM has Gotoh SG381 Magnum Lock machine heads, a Black TusQ XL nut, a minor modification to the SAT Pro bridge and a modification to the way the True-Duo Bucker is controlled.

i will trade you a case of these for one of your ARs....
[img]http://www.staples-3p.com/s7/is/image/Staples/s0591996_sc7?$splssku$[/img]

if you flatten the cans, they'll make an awesome necklace.... let me know, i gotta go out and buy some serious luggage. i'm going on a trip soon.
Kannan-ni atte hajimete shinyƫ-wo shiru
Tracy Dae
#17 Posted : 1/4/2016 8:54:09 PM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Originally Posted by: momotaro Go to Quoted Post
i will trade you a case of these for one of your ARs....
[img]http://www.staples-3p.com/s7/is/image/Staples/s0591996_sc7?$splssku$[/img]

if you flatten the cans, they'll make an awesome necklace.... let me know, i gotta go out and buy some serious luggage. i'm going on a trip soon.

I am wondering how many people will get the joke. Haha Clap
momotaro
#18 Posted : 1/5/2016 3:13:04 AM
momotaro

Man
very few i suspect. i saw the clue that got me started and had to say something. that's one of my all time favorites.
Kannan-ni atte hajimete shinyƫ-wo shiru
BadPenguin
#19 Posted : 1/10/2016 5:14:36 PM

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Tracy, the use of the word "guitarded" made me laugh! My wife calls me that. I don't know why, I only have 40 guitars, with 12 of them being Ibanez. Then I saw your amp, and KNEW we were kindred spirits! I have the same amp, and also have the AS-73! What a winning combination!
Rickrew
#20 Posted : 7/5/2016 1:05:54 AM
Rickrew

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Old thread, I know - but your photo of the 12 string reminded me that my band is doing more and more songs that are recorded with one.

Guess I need another guitar!

Rick

AF75 TRS
AS73-12
Epi LP dbl cut w/p90s
Epi Nighthawk RI TA
Oscar Schmidt OM-30/Mean 90s
Ovation 1984 1612
Fender Blues Deluxe
Tracy Dae
#21 Posted : 7/5/2016 2:45:18 AM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Originally Posted by: Rickrew Go to Quoted Post
Guess I need another guitar!

LOL

There are not many good 12-string electrics on the market that are reasonably priced. I suffered with a Dean Boca 12 for quite a while before Ibanez and Guitar Center put their heads together to offer that GC exclusive run of AR3212 12-string Artist guitars. Some day when I can find a used one for a decent price I need to buy another one so I can have a backup. Haha