Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Which PU's?!?!?!?!?!?
Guitarnewb
#1 Posted : 9/7/2015 1:08:28 AM

Groups: Member
Hey Yall, I just got a sz520qm and I am trying to figure out which pickups to throw in it. It came stock with the sz1 and sz2 but i bought it used and the previous owner replaced them with Seymour Duncan 59's. Im not a fan of the neck pickup for the type of music im playing with this guitar, which is mainly metal (The devil wears prada, the ghost inside, and some slipknot type tones). I also have a set of Dimarzios that i had from a PRS that I bought them for but didnt keep the guitar so i kept those. I have a Titan neck PU and a Crunch Lab for the bridge. So out of the 3 sets, which are best for the tone I want? The Duncan neck seems to be too muddy and muffled with high gain so im looking for something that can handle more high gain in the neck. Just looking for the best choice in what I have, not really looking to get any other pickups unless someone knows of a place that buys pickups other than Reverb and Craigslist. Thanks everybody!!!
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 9/8/2015 2:14:10 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
I'd use the Titan Neck pickup you have. The Crunch lab pickup has a bit more bass and a slightly lower output, so I think it would come across a bit bassy for a neck pickup.

The SZ520 body is Mahogany with a Maple cap, similar to the construction of Les Pauls. If you are looking around any other pickup forums this info would probably be useful to anyone making a recommendation.

Hope this helps,
-Bill