Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

String set gauge change for GA35TCE
Mayau
#1 Posted : 11/13/2015 5:02:03 AM

Groups: Member

Hello and greetings all,

I've just joined this forum to make this query. I am not a classical player but bought a GA35TCE just to dabble a bit. I've read about hard tension string sets and thought of trying. The GA35TCE has a truss rod, but just to be sure, can anybody advise me if it can take hard or extra hard tension string sets? Is it ok to try the truss rod adjustment myself?...

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
RIX
#2 Posted : 11/13/2015 6:41:05 PM
RIX

Man
Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Hello Mayau,

I have an Ibanez AEG10NE, which is a nylon string guitar and have put on hard tension strings this guitar. I think it sounds best with the hard tension strings when play unplugged and I didn't have to mess with the truss rod. As for extra hard tension strings I have not tried them, since I seem satisfied with just the hard tension strings.

If you do try extra hard tension strings and find that you need to adjust the truss rod it is pretty easy. Just adjust the truss rod a quarter of a turn at a time and check to see if that was enough.

Hope that helps,

Originally Posted by: Mayau Go to Quoted Post

Hello and greetings all,

I've just joined this forum to make this query. I am not a classical player but bought a GA35TCE just to dabble a bit. I've read about hard tension string sets and thought of trying. The GA35TCE has a truss rod, but just to be sure, can anybody advise me if it can take hard or extra hard tension string sets? Is it ok to try the truss rod adjustment myself?...

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

RIX
Mayau
#3 Posted : 11/13/2015 11:03:51 PM

Hi RIX

Thanks for the info!