Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

AF75 Artcore in Beautiful ORANGE
woodhazl
#1 Posted : 11/26/2015 3:24:28 PM

Groups: Member
Just got a used 2003 Artcore AF75 this week and thought I'd get opinions on it and the Artcore series in general. This is a non tremelo model in the translucent orange with creme trim. Beautiful instrument. Thanks for the comments
Dick Foster
#2 Posted : 11/26/2015 9:01:12 PM
Dick Foster

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Opinions on Artcore guitars run pretty high around here. Most here are happy with what they have and consider them outstanding deals. I have a AFS75T TRD and like it a lot but I did have to do some work on the tremolo and also swapped out the bridge. A lot of folks change hardware and such but consider Artcores basically well built and well finished as I do.

Originally Posted by: woodhazl Go to Quoted Post
Just got a used 2003 Artcore AF75 this week and thought I'd get opinions on it and the Artcore series in general. This is a non tremelo model in the translucent orange with creme trim. Beautiful instrument. Thanks for the comments

wulfenganck
#3 Posted : 11/27/2015 11:49:00 PM

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yep, great brand. I bought my AF75 in transparent blue a couple of years ago.
Very nice guitar with agreat variety of tones. I changed the neck pickup for a P90 in humbucker size - which turned the guitar from great to awesome.....Congratulation to your guitar - may I ask how much you paid for it?
Schadenfreudian
#4 Posted : 12/15/2015 9:23:27 PM

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have two AFS-75 non-trem (it's the slim hollowbody), one's blue with Ibanez pickups, and one's red with a Gibson 57 in the neck position. To my dismay--and a $100+ later--I really can't distinguish very much between the two, except when the volume's nearly pegged. The blue is hands-down my favorite in the looks department.
ssi
#5 Posted : 4/12/2016 6:35:03 PM
ssi

Man
I've got a 2003 Artcore af75 that I bought new with a small Peavy amp, all for less then $300, and I have enjoyed it very much. I have not had any problems with it at all. It's not the most technically advanced guitar on the market but that's probably the reason why I haven't had any problems. It's an easy guitar to play and very forgiving when trying new chords or runs.

In the last few months I have actually been play it a lot more. Apples GarageBand for iPad has allowed me to connect my guitar to the iPad and be able to run it trough all different kinds of amps and pedals. There is know way I would have ever had the chance to even get my hands on that many different kinds of amps. I have been able to do some very interesting music and I am using this guitar a lot more then I use to.
Bill CNC
#6 Posted : 4/15/2016 6:44:07 PM

Ah, ... I to have a Tangerine Artcore, ... AF75D-TOR-12-01, ... and I love it. I have her strung up with some flatwound .010 Daddarios, ... SWEET! I got her a month ago and she was a pawn shop rescue!

Regards
Bill
jpark1988
#7 Posted : 11/22/2016 9:27:53 PM

A quick question for AF75...

Many of you probably noticed the difference within the AF75 models. You probably didn't care but it's kinda bugging me... They have different tailpiece and headstock design.

1. VT60 tailpiece + "Square/Cross" headstock design
2. VT50 tailpiece + "Circle/Thunder" headstock design

It looks like official website only shows the first one. Although I've seen many used AF75 had the second. Anyone can explain why there exist 2 different designs? Cheers!
Dick Foster
#8 Posted : 11/22/2016 9:33:41 PM
Dick Foster

Originally Posted by: jpark1988 Go to Quoted Post
A quick question for AF75...

Many of you probably noticed the difference within the AF75 models. You probably didn't care but it's kinda bugging me... They have different tailpiece and headstock design.

1. VT60 tailpiece + "Square/Cross" headstock design
2. VT50 tailpiece + "Circle/Thunder" headstock design

It looks like official website only shows the first one. Although I've seen many used AF75 had the second. Anyone can explain why there exist 2 different designs? Cheers!

Ibanez changed the headstock artwork from the thunder bolt a few years ago. Many folks including myself didn't like the thunderbolt. I forget the exact year but I think it was three or four years ago that they made the change.
1 user thanked Dick Foster for this useful post.
jpark1988 on 11/22/2016(UTC)
jpark1988
#9 Posted : 11/22/2016 9:36:37 PM

YEEESSSSS, that was fast. Thank you noodle Foster!

Do you have any background info on the change in tailpiece as well? I wish I could post pictures but I can't... Maybe I'm not worthy enough as a newbie.
Bill@Ibanez
#10 Posted : 11/23/2016 1:54:06 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 421 time(s) in 411 post(s)
I wish I could post pictures but I can't... Maybe I'm not worthy enough as a newbie.

I'm not sure if it will let you attach files to your post, but you are definitely welcome to post pictures hosted on different picture sites. This guide gives you a fairly good run down of exactly how to post pictures:
http://forum.ibanez.com/...n-the-Ibanez-forum.aspx

Also, I apologize Mr. Foster. We have a language filter on the forum and we thought it would be funny to change "d¡ck" to "noodle". Doh

-Bill
Dick Foster
#11 Posted : 11/25/2016 6:20:18 PM
Dick Foster

Originally Posted by: Bill@Ibanez Go to Quoted Post
I wish I could post pictures but I can't... Maybe I'm not worthy enough as a newbie.

I'm not sure if it will let you attach files to your post, but you are definitely welcome to post pictures hosted on different picture sites. This guide gives you a fairly good run down of exactly how to post pictures:
http://forum.ibanez.com/...n-the-Ibanez-forum.aspx

Also, I apologize Mr. Foster. We have a language filter on the forum and we thought it would be funny to change "d¡ck" to "noodle". Doh

-Bill

That's odd because it displays my name. I think a lot of people should get over the language thing anyway. If they knew how it all got started in the first place they probably would because it would be considered very much politically incorrect today. The Norman invasion is a clue as to how profanity got to be profanity and it's really is stupid. Maybe I should just say dayum stupid.
dragger201
#12 Posted : 1/26/2017 3:21:20 AM
dragger201

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hey Woodhzl................I got my 2003 AF75BS in 2007. I was looking for a couple of things in a new guitar. A passable jazz hollowbody with a solid structure and a good acoustic sound. Something inexpensive because I wanted to custom one without ending up in the poor house if I screwed the pooch. I was impressed with the AF75........even thru a small Crate SS amp it was wonderful sounding and acoustically I just couldn't believe it considering the price( Guitar, case, amp for less the $400). For one reason and another I didn't start my customizing until 2/14. Got lots of info here as well as did a diary of what I did. I think for the cost, you just about can't find(I never could)a better guitar.
#13 Posted : 3/15/2017 1:31:25 PM
Groups:
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Message was deleted by a Moderator.