Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Trade a gibby SG Standard for a Ibanez rg2550E Crazy or what??
PinkFloydRose53
#1 Posted : 3/7/2016 6:02:45 PM

Groups: Member
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey there Iba fans. Years ago I was brain washed by bandmates and friends that your guitar had to be Gibson or fender. ya da ya da. I own a 2004 vintage modded SG usa standard. It's a monster.I love blues and classic rock and metal.Now,I'm a big Halen fan as well.So I started looking for a Floyd rose equipped guitar. Scanning ebay,I came across a 1996 RG270dx.I liked the fact that is was an older model.It's in perfect cond.It has Seymour ducan pickups with coil split, an ORIGINAL FLOYD ROSE TREM. It plays beautiful.The cleans are clear and chimey to die for and kick in the overdrive and she screams.I was shocked at how well this cheap ass guitar was made.It weighs almost 8 LBS. The feel and playability,note definition this Iba has, and this is tough to say, rivals my SG.My SG loses the highs when the volume is turned down.Even with a treble bleed. The 270 sounds incredible at any volume setting on the guitar.It takes some time, but once the Floyd rose is set Eh up you can't knock the dam thing out of tune.All for 300 beans.LOL So my Gibson,fender mentality has been shattered.Now there is a cat out there selling a 2006 RG2550E with the sharktooth inlays (which I dig the hell out of).It's in perfect cond.Obviously,it's a higher quality guitar. J Craft built an the fujigen plant. He wants to sell it or trade it for a fixed bridge guitar. Now, I'm torn.He said he would be interested in SG. I'm no fool but dam if I'm not giving this some thought. Don't know if the 2550E would sound proper for classic rock and blues. If any one can throw there 2 cents worth of wisdom on this it would be greatly appreciated. rock on!