Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

RG421 or GRG270 ?
lanrad
#1 Posted : 7/10/2016 8:14:51 AM

Groups: Member
Hi Guys
I'm about to buy a new guitar and due to the limited amount of good guitars available in my country, I'm either going to have to go with an Ibanez GRG270 or RG421 guitar within $330 range.I currently have a acoustic guitar and I really want something better. The GRG270 looks awesome, and RG421 too but GRG270 has tremolo bar and RG421 doesn't. I'm just confused please suggest me. Which one is better?

BTW,i like playing progressive metal(DT type).
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 7/11/2016 4:40:20 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 397 post(s)
A little insight to help you choose.

Having that tremolo is a blessing and a curse. Although curse might be exaggerating! The tremolo is much harder to set up. Changing strings, balancing the tension, locking and fine tuning. It just involves a little more attention when setting it up. The fixed bridge will be easier to work with, but you lose out on the expression of using a tremolo(if that is your style).

If you think you'll play with the tremolo arm, it might be a good idea to get that one. If you aren't sure if you're going to use it, go with the fixed bridge RG421). The RG421 will have slightly better pickups and probably give you a better sound out of the box.

Hope this helps,
-Bill