Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

My new SAS3EXFM!!!
BadPenguin
#1 Posted : 10/16/2016 6:35:23 PM

Groups: Member
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey all, recently purchased this bad boy out of GC for a stupid price, which included the hard case! First off, the pickups are a wonderful design, the TDB's. 3 coils, two acting as a stacked single when the switch is pulled, beautiful, I find myself just playing it as singles. Sweet narrow neck, and really well crafted. HOWEVER....

The pots. oh god, what garbage! When I picked the guitar up and shook it, since I heard something rattling, I thought they may have had loose nuts on them. No, that wasn't the case. The shafts rattled in the pots, and had zero resistance to them. Took a few hours, but I retro fitted new push pull pots, and now, no more rattling! What was Ibanez thinking back in 08 with such crap? And my other issue is the inlays. Yes, they are pretty, but the first 3 frets with them, they all stick up over the fretboard. I am expecting to loose them some day. Sigh.....

Tracy Dae
#2 Posted : 10/17/2016 3:37:28 AM
Tracy Dae

Groups: Member
Woman
Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 106 post(s)
I had one just like that but it was one of the guitars I had to sell when I was unemployed.

I do like the True-Duo pickup a lot but I found that I prefer it in an HSS pickup array. That's why I kept my SAS36FM and a couple of SA260's. Selling off guitars is a really hard thing for me to do. So I had to go with keeping the stuff I was actively giging with and sell as much of the rest as I could till I found a new job.

The mind is like a parachute...
...It only works when its open.