Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

SRFF805 Detuner needed for mono bridge E string
Narfman96
#1 Posted : 11/1/2016 2:47:25 PM

Groups: Member
Hi, I'm looking for a bridge detuner that will fit my SRFF805WNF. I have a Hipshot GB7 on my SR300DX 4 string bass but it will not fit between the B and A machines in the headstock for the 805's E string. I know Ibanez used to make a 2BB08CA002 detuner bridge for the Prestige SR20TH4 mono bridge bass but I can't tell if it will fit or if I can even find one. We play a lot of drop D and for several songs I need to have the E string tuned to D quickly for the open notes. By the way the fanned frets on the 805 were very easy to get used to and the sound quality is awesome with the active controls!!! The intonation is even better! And yes I know the drop tune thing will mess with the intonation but only for a couple songs.... I have plenty of pictures if anyone wants to see any details.
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 11/1/2016 5:09:02 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
I'm not sure that you'll be able to find the 2BB08CA002 any longer. More importantly, is that the sizing is different. You would have to do some extra routing to modify the bass enough to fit that older Detuner in there.

Unfortunately, I don't know of anything that will work off the top of my head, so you can continue to poke around and see what others have to recommend. Otherwise, I'd suggest either learning the dropped songs without changing the tuning(playing on the 'B' string instead of dropping your 'E') or practice going from E to D quickly between songs. Using a pitch black, or similar pedal tuner, you should be able to tune the E string down in less than a couple seconds.

Hope this helps,
-Bill