Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Saddle direction.
MattSA_1
#1 Posted : 11/25/2016 3:22:15 AM

Groups: Member
I was cleaning my AEW22CD and the saddle came out of its seating. I am trying to figure out if the two "indentations" should be under the first/second or fifth/sixth strings. I placed the indentations under the first and second strings and have been having a terrible time tuning the guitar - the strings are tight, tight, tight.

Thanks,
MattSA
RIX
#2 Posted : 11/25/2016 4:24:24 AM
RIX

Man
Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hello Matt, and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have a couple of things going on here.

It sounds like you might have placed the compensated saddle in backwards. The notched side of the saddle should be under the "B" string. If it is in backwards that would explain your tuning issue. Also I believe the indentations you refer to are shims that are placed under the saddle to raise the string action. Since you placed them under the first and second strings you have raise the string height too high.

First, verify that the saddle is place in the saddle slot correctly.

Second, remove the two shims from under the saddle. And if you want you can leave the two shims out, then tune the guitar up to see how it plays. If it now tunes correctly and you get no string buzzing when you play you should be okay. If you get string buzzing then place both shims under the full length of the saddle, so that it raises all the strings the same amount.

Finally you might consider having the guitar professionally setup.

I hope this helps, if you have any more issues please provide pictures so we are sure we are looking at the same things.
RIX
global01
#3 Posted : 12/14/2016 4:20:29 AM

Today Jav web page those over 18 addressed to Car and PC Smoking.