Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Help with RGD prestige please
chisorg1570
#1 Posted : 12/28/2016 6:59:06 PM
chisorg1570

Groups: Member
Hello guys I'm having problems with my RGD2127, it was loaded with D-activators on guitar center but I'm having a lot of ground noise, checked all the connections and have a doubt about it... I tried to find a wiring diagram for this guitar on ibanez site but no success. so anyone of you have the diagram for its factory diagram? or a picture of the control cavities? it would be very helpful... thanks
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 12/30/2016 2:43:48 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 400 time(s) in 391 post(s)
This is the original diagram, so the wire colors may not match up to your DActivators:

I would also try to plug into different outlets/areas to see if there is any electric noise coming front he outlet or a local power source. Then make sure all the connections inside are good. If there is still some noise, you might be able to shield the cavities to prevent noise.

Hope this helps,
-Bill
chisorg1570
#3 Posted : 12/31/2016 6:53:25 PM
chisorg1570

Groups: Member
Thanks for your answer and the diagram, I have a couple of questions though...

- The switch on the diagram has 6 pins, mine has 12 pins.
- The RGD has 2 separate cavities one with the volume pot and the other with the switch, the cables from the pickups go to the volume pot cavity and then they can go to the switch cavity. Right now these two cables are conected to other cable on the volume cavity an then this " common " wire goes to the switch cavity, is that correct? or I have to connect the pickup hot and split coil wires directly to the switch?
#4 Posted : 3/14/2017 12:28:45 PM
Groups:
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Message was deleted by a Moderator.