Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

AWD82 find
gnappi
#1 Posted : 2/1/2017 6:59:11 PM

Groups: Member
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There seems to be very few AWD models out there, I suspect they were unfortunately available for a very short time. I stumbled on this one in Craig's list.

I look past visual annoyances in a git preferring to judge and buy based on playability and sound which this one has in spades so I bought it. This AWD82LTD is excellent in very respect. Mine has three strap buttons, one each on the horn, heel of neck and bottom rim it's a perfect weight and ergo correct for me standing or sitting.

What baffles me is the pups. They're mellow like a large "G" brand archtop, nothing like any of the few models I have or have tried with ACH pups in them. I don't think they were changed, as the original PO sold it fairly inexpensively and made no mention of replacing them.

That said... Was there a large variance in ACH pups that made these a fluke? Or, was the AWD body just conducive to a mellow tone?

Does anyone else have a AWD they can comment on?

Anyway...

One thing bothers me about Ibanez though, it seems as if the catalog does a near clean sweep every few years and models worthy of keeping while a player following develops are discontinued for new models that get discontinued in a few years. This seems to not be true of "Signature" models though as they stay in the catalog for what seems like forever.

AWD82
Artcores4me
#2 Posted : 2/4/2017 6:48:17 PM

Nice find! This is the one body style missing from my Artcore collection.
gnappi
#3 Posted : 2/7/2017 2:52:46 PM

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Artcores4me Go to Quoted Post
Nice find! This is the one body style missing from my Artcore collection.

THX, I am loving this little jewel :-)

It's funny, in one month there were two in Craig's list. One a standard AWD82 and one of the LTD models which even though it's a bit gaudy I like it better.