Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

identifying bass
danoise
#1 Posted : 3/10/2017 2:34:34 AM

Groups: Member
Alright, I got this bass in 2004 from Guitarworks in greenwood, I believe it was about 6 or 700 brand new. I played it in some heavier bands, beat the cheese out of it.
The strap lock knobs are stripped out (pictured), some paint chipped on the back by the neck (pictured)
One of the treble knobs is broken off completely (still have it somehow though. shown in second to last picture). The volume knob is bent all wonky but still rotates.

This bass is NOT currently playable at least not with a band or anything , it makes a sound but not a very good one.
I left it at a friends house for 6 or 7 years. It doesn't work perfectly anymore, in a way you could say it doesn't work at all. I recall it having some issues after a tour once and I took it in and (memory help me..) I believe they said it was a motherboard issue and needed to be sent back to Ibanez.
I just today replaced the 9 volt battery for the active pickups (have to keep it, you'll have to put another one in there unless I find a spare before I sell) and plugged it in and it sounded pretty good. I was surprised it made a sound at all. Almost so good that I thought maybe I shouldn't sell it. then some hot noise started happening and I was unable to quell it so it's going for sale to someone who can fix it or just use it for parts.Another reason I'm posting this is to sell the case which fits other SDGR models.

HERE is the link for the hard shell case, Very soft inside, It is in very decent condition despite the condition I claimed the bass was in which may make you think "Did he even use this case at all?" well yes I did, I just liked to get a little wild on stage as a kid and sacrifice musicianship for stage presence. Do not recommend. It does not include key unfortunately though. Hardly any scuffs on the outside.

http://www.musiciansfrie...ibanez-mb100c-bass-case

I CANNOT find any information or pictures of this exact bass. From what I can tell it's a SDGR 700 OR 755, maybe not. I know that seems weird , I looked up the serial number ( F0212564), can't find much. It looks like the 700 , but doesn't have the patch cable input beveled on the front of the bass, but the pickups are different than the ones shown on the 755. It was (and maybe still is ) a nice bass, but beat to hell. Thank you for your time. e-mail me at danoise.lee@gmail.com if you don't get a reply on here.
danoise attached the following image(s):
danoise attached the following image(s): 00C0C_k3iCszwkYWM_1200x900.jpg
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 3/10/2017 6:45:28 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 397 post(s)
The serial number denotes it was from 2002, and I believe it to be the SR750:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/....php?cat_id=6&now=3

The picture on the website is small, but it seems to have the same type of pickups/EQ. You are correct, we don't allow any selling/buying/trading via this forum, so I've altered your original post to keep it as an ID thread.

Hope this helps!
-Bill
1 user thanked Bill@Ibanez for this useful post.
danoise on 3/11/2017(UTC)
danoise
#3 Posted : 3/11/2017 3:07:23 AM

Originally Posted by: Bill@Ibanez Go to Quoted Post
The serial number denotes it was from 2002, and I believe it to be the SR750:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/....php?cat_id=6&now=3

The picture on the website is small, but it seems to have the same type of pickups/EQ. You are correct, we don't allow any selling/buying/trading via this forum, so I've altered your original post to keep it as an ID thread.

Hope this helps!
-Bill

Thanks bill. Any suggestions of what to do with this? I've got other basses and don't plan on fixing this one. I just don't want to trash it but I need it gone. Maybe guitar center would buy since they take used gear now.
Bill@Ibanez
#4 Posted : 3/13/2017 6:01:41 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 397 post(s)
There are a couple different options to fix this one up.

You can either:
  • Investigate the wiring issue to see if it can be resoldered/fixed with just new pots.
  • Purchase a new 4 knob preamp system to install.
  • Replace the preamp with passive wiring.

If you replace the preamp with anything else, you may need to find new knobs for it as well, but that shouldn't be a difficult thing to find.

Hope this helps!
-Bill
Necros Aeropagus
#5 Posted : 3/15/2017 8:38:46 AM

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi danoise,

This bass looks pretty much like my SR800 (bridge, pick-ups, knobs), although I am not sure those were made in that finish. I am pretty sure that if the bass was made in 2002 it should have had one of the angled input jacks just beneath the knobs and not on the bottom of the body. Do you think it is possible the Serial number to read F9212564 and not F0212564.

Hope this helps.

Regards!