Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ibanez PN15
kn601
#1 Posted : 3/14/2017 3:01:05 PM

Groups: Member
Hi all,

I am looking at getting a parlor guitar. I want something that is more portable and smaller than a dreadnought. Even though I'm a pretty tall guy (6'2) I find the dreadnought to be too big at times for my liking. I am able to play it just fine but I think a smaller bodied guitar would be more comfortable to play. I occasionally play at my church but most of the time it's just at home for enjoyment. I don't want something super expensive and the PN15 has good reviews. People have said that it is louder than most parlor guitars and is strum friendly. Anyone here own a PN15 and what are your thoughts? Thank you.
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 3/15/2017 2:38:09 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 397 post(s)
I like the PN15 from the few times I've played one, especially at that price point. Otherwise, if you can swing something a little more expensive, you'll get a more well rounded sound out of the AVN5OPN. Having a solid top will give the sound a bit better tone and it does come across a little louder as well.

Also, depending on the size you are looking for, you might want to try and pick up a concert sized guitar to feel if it is any better than a dreadnaught. These are generally less deep and feel a little more comfortable(to me at least). Some in that price range would be the PC12, PC14, PC15 or for a step up, the AC240OPN.

Hope this helps!
-Bill