Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Can you buy a new hardshell case for the SS300?
Burstbucker
#1 Posted : 4/4/2017 7:27:24 PM

Groups: Member
I got myself an SS300 in a trade this past weekend but for some strange reason the nice original Ibanez hardshell case that's supposed to come with the guitar was lost over the years. The guy that I traded for this guitar had it in an acoustic guitar case, it's not really a close fit so I'd have to resort to stuffing the case with towels or T-Shirts, etc... to try to keep the guitar from moving around in there.

I wish I would have gotten the original Ibanez SS300 case.

Does anybody know if this case is still available for this model? I believe that the SS300 has been discontinued but maybe the case is still available? Or at least find an affordable aftermarket brand?

Thanks for any suggestions that you might have to offer me.
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 4/5/2017 2:00:02 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 399 post(s)
I would try to check with the distributor of Ibanez in your country. If you go to Ibanez.com, and then click the contact button at the top of the page, it should bring you to a list of countries to find the distributor. For Canada, it should be Efkay Music:
http://www.ibanez.com/co...try_id=12&area_id=2

Hopefully they have info regarding the original case, or possibly a different Ibanez case that would fit well.

Hope this helps!
-Bill
Burstbucker
#3 Posted : 4/5/2017 2:25:20 PM

Okay Bill.

Thanks for your help with this!
Dick Foster
#4 Posted : 4/7/2017 9:12:18 PM
Dick Foster

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Burstbucker Go to Quoted Post
I got myself an SS300 in a trade this past weekend but for some strange reason the nice original Ibanez hardshell case that's supposed to come with the guitar was lost over the years. The guy that I traded for this guitar had it in an acoustic guitar case, it's not really a close fit so I'd have to resort to stuffing the case with towels or T-Shirts, etc... to try to keep the guitar from moving around in there.

I wish I would have gotten the original Ibanez SS300 case.

Does anybody know if this case is still available for this model? I believe that the SS300 has been discontinued but maybe the case is still available? Or at least find an affordable aftermarket brand?

Thanks for any suggestions that you might have to offer me.

A nice fitting case can likely be found from any of the instrument case makes like Gator etc.