Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

What model/year is this bass?
Famousbass
#1 Posted : 9/14/2017 1:48:39 PM

Groups: Member
Hi all, I'm a bit new to the Ibanez line having been a Fender guy most of my life. I recently acquired this Ibanez SDGR bass and after hours spent scouring the catalog archives and serial number ID posts, I am at a dead end. Can anyone give me some insight as to what model this bass is and what year? The serial number reads C5463XXX Hopefully the photos post. I haven't posted photos in a forum in quite a while! Thanks for any insight you can offer!

conkal
#2 Posted : 9/15/2017 8:15:15 AM

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Please try this : open the electronics compartment on the back side. Either on the plastic cap or the inside of this compartmenet there should be a sticker with the model number and several over info.

Mine is a SRX300 from 2004 and has it all.

Also see this : http://ibanez.wikia.com/...i/Ibanez_serial_numbers

e.g. C means : made by Cort in korea.

If i understand correctly is it from 1995 .
1 user thanked conkal for this useful post.
Famousbass on 9/18/2017(UTC)
Bill@Ibanez
#3 Posted : 9/15/2017 8:26:06 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
The headstock logo is something that was used on late 90s/early 2000s Prestige basses. These usually had a more curved/rounded body, and were a natural wood finish:
http://www.ibanez.com/an...p?cat_id=225&now=16
http://www.ibanez.com/an...p?cat_id=249&now=16

Those prestige guitars also ended up using Bartolinis after a certain point. Your bass seems to have an older soapbar style pickup(which on a 4 string is very odd!). The 4 string basses usually used a "P/J" type pickup configuration instead.

I might guess that this is some kind of Frankenstein with a Prestige Neck and different body. You may get lucky if the model numbers are stamped on the inside of the neck pocket, but not all models had these model stamps in there.

Hope this helps,
-Bill
1 user thanked Bill@Ibanez for this useful post.
Famousbass on 9/18/2017(UTC)
Famousbass
#5 Posted : 9/18/2017 2:09:13 PM

Thanks for the replies you guys. I appreciate it. I pulled the cover off the control cavity and found nothing there except nicely put together electronics. Very clean and well done. I then pulled the neck and found two things...the first was the stamp NSR5000 on the neck and then the neck pocket had some scribbles in an asian based language, the words "EMG #2" and some pencil under that which I think reads "custom" but it's partly obscured by the marker and the paint job. So, I'm guessing it is a sort of Frankenstein bass/custom job as Bill suggested. Either way, great playing and sounding bass!
File Attachment(s):
IMG_1019.JPG (378kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
FullSizeRender.jpg (282kb) downloaded 4 time(s).