Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Classic Elite Pickups?
NoStringsAttached
#1 Posted : 11/15/2017 5:54:06 AM

Groups: Member
I purchased a NOS AGS73T single cut semi hollow body with an Ibanez Vintage Tremolo at the end of July via US Ebay (I'm in New Zealand).Have been enjoying playing it very much,the hollow woody sound is exactly what I was hoping for.The guitar was released for sale in 2014 and killed off in 2016, love to know why!
It has what Ibanez call Classic Elite pickups which I spent a bit of time adjusting in terms of both pickup height and individual pole pieces till I had sounds I was happy with.The neck pickup is actually very good as I can use a lot of gain (even full gain on a Blue Note pedal) and it does not flub out.
I am wondering where these pickups sit in the Ibanez range.I guess the guitar is mid priced so are the pups mid quality or what? What do other players think of them? I am trying to decide if I should upgrade the pups to some Irongear Blues Engines or similar hence the questions.
Thanks in advance.

NoStringsAttached attached the following image(s):
NoStringsAttached attached the following image(s): Front Image 1.jpg
NoStringsAttached attached the following image(s): Front Image Angle.jpg
Artcore
#2 Posted : 11/15/2017 9:14:53 PM

Groups: Member
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I love the Classic Elite pickups that came stock in my AS73. No way I’ll ever change them. You can hear them on the videos I posted on the forum. My latest live show at the Wine Bar........ The posts everyone ignores on the Artcore forum?

I’m playing clean with no pedals.... No reverb, no overdrive. Straight into a simple tube amp. What I do is turn the amp up all the way. Volume, bass and treble all the way up. And then use the knobs on the guitar to control the sound. The knobs on the AS73 are almost never more than halfway up.