Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

HSC for SRC6 "Crossover" 6-string Bass?
Red77
#1 Posted : 11/24/2017 5:56:06 PM

Groups: Member
I can't find overall dimensions for the SRC6 "Crossover" 6-string on the Ibanez website or anyplace else. Ibanez has told me that they make a gig bag, but no HSC for this instrument, so I'm trying to figure out what aftermarket HSC will fit it well.

I read elsewhere that the Gator GW-JAG case works well and am seeking verification of this. Here are the dimensions for this case:

I have an inquiry in to Ibanez tech support r.e.: the bass's dimensions but haven't heard back yet. If anyone here who owns an SRC6 could measure and post the dimensions (overall length, upper and lower bout width, length from butt end of body to tip of upper horn, overall thickness) here, it would certainly be helpful to me. No nearby music stores stock these and I don't yet own one, so I can't measure for myself.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Michal
#2 Posted : 11/25/2017 1:00:33 AM
Michal

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey!

I don't own this guitar, but I have smartass idea how to take measurements you need. Take a high-quality image of the guitar from the Internet, like this courtesy of Ibanez website:

take what you know, i.e. scale (30"), and based on proportion approximate other dimensions. Won't be perfect, but should you give a rough idea.

I did it just out of curiosity, and here what I got, but you may want to recalculate it by yourself:
Length: 40 inches
Upper bout: 10 inches
Lower bout: 11,5 inches
Butt to upper horn: 19 inches

Unfortunately, no way to get thickness with this method.
2003 RG370B
Red77
#3 Posted : 11/25/2017 1:18:08 AM

Interesting idea. I did my own measuring/calculating and came up with similar results.

I have a Mustang Bass HSC that may work.

Thanks!
Michal
#4 Posted : 11/25/2017 2:16:34 AM
Michal

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
No worries!

You got me interested with that bass/baritone bastard. I'll be visiting my Ibanez dealer tomorrow, I'll see if they have it available for a spin.
2003 RG370B
Red77
#5 Posted : 12/1/2017 4:26:53 AM

OK: got hold of a SRC6 today. I have a Fender HSC for their Mustang Bass and it is a good fit. It's interior length is a couple inches longer than the SRC6 and the neck cradles will need some padding added but the case's interior width is perfect. Unfortunately, this case is now pretty overpriced, but I already had mine, so it's going to be just fine for me. The Gator case mentioned above is clearly too wide and would allow the base to slop around too much inside unless significant padding was added. Even if this was done, you'd end up with a heavier, bulkier case than necessary.

I'll take a PIC of the SRC6 in the Mustang case and post it here when I get time. The SRC6 is even tinier than I expected it to be. It feels more like playing a guitar than a bass.